Anthony Yi, MD
- Foot & Ankle Surgery
Anthony Yi, MD
Dr. Anthony Yi is an orthopaedic surgeon with additional advanced training in Foot & Ankle surgery. He provides compassionate, thorough, and effective care for all problems involving the foot & ankle. He is committed to providing you with treatment that leads to a complete recovery and life without pain or restrictions through the most effective, safe, high quality, innovative, and state-of-art methods including minimally invasive surgery.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Dr. Yi grew up in Tacoma, WA, where he attended high school at Bellarmine Preparatory School. He graduated as valedictorian and received the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame Scholar-Athlete Award.
He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Southern California (USC) where he earned degrees in Biological Sciences and Business Administration and achieved Summa Cum Laude.
He then earned his medical degree at USC Keck School of Medicine where he was awarded a year of research funding through the Dean’s Research Scholar program and made significant contributions towards the advancement of orthopaedic surgery by authoring numerous research publications.
He then completed his general orthopaedic surgery training at the prestigious University of Washington and Harborview Medical Center where he served as the administrative chief resident in addition to honing his surgical skills and clinical acumen under world-renowned leaders in orthopaedic surgery.
Dr. Yi was then selected for additional training at Harvard Brigham & Women’s Hospital, where he honed a diverse set of Foot & Ankle surgical skills under the mentorship of leaders in the field. He is well-trained in procedures ranging from novel minimally invasive techniques to major reconstructive procedures such as total ankle arthroplasty and deformity correction.
As Pacific Northwest natives, Dr. Yi and his wife are excited to return to the community in which they cherished their most formative years. Outside of work, he enjoys skiing, cooking, and cycling.
- Achilles tendon rupture repair
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Ankle fusions
- Big toe arthritis (hallux rigidus) procedures:
- Cheilectomy (removal of bone spurs)
- Cartiva® (joint replacement)
- Biologic therapies
- Cavovarus foot deformity reconstruction
- Exertional compartment syndrome release
- Flatfoot deformity reconstruction
- Foot fusions
- Hallux valgus (bunion) correction
- Hammertoe and other toe deformity corrections
- Ligament reconstruction and repair (e.g. ankle instability)
- Morton’s neuroma decompression/excision
- Tarsal tunnel release
- Tendon repair/reconstruction/transfers
- Total ankle arthroplasty
- Trauma – fixation of foot & ankle fractures
- Treatment of osteochondral lesions (cartilage/bone injury)
Dr. Yi also offers numerous less invasive and minimally invasive surgical (MIS) techniques that can lead to faster recovery, lower infection risk, and much smaller scars while still having the same (or better) results compared to more traditional, more invasive techniques.
Examples include, but not limited to:
- MIS bunion (hallux valgus) correction
- MIS toe deformity correction
- MIS foot fusions
- MIS removal of bone spurs
- e.g. big toe arthritis (hallux rigidus) bone spur removal
- Arthroscopic ligament reconstruction and repair (e.g. Brostrom procedure, deltoid repair)
- Percutaneous (mini-open) Achilles tendon repair
- Peroneal tendoscopy