Scott D. Ruhlman, MD
- Sports Medicine
- Hand Surgery
- Shoulder Surgery
- Elbow Surgery
- Upper & Lower Extremity Fracture Care for Pediatrics, Adolescents & Adults
Scott D. Ruhlman, MD
I am proud to offer the highest quality specialty care of your hand, shoulder and elbow disorders. In addition to caring for such disorders in both the child and the adult, I offer state-of-the-art fracture care, sports medicine and joint replacement surgery of both the upper and lower extremities.
I earned my medical degree at the Medical College of Ohio, after which I completed my orthopedic surgical residency training at the University of Washington Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Department. During my training, I served locally at Harborview Medical Center, Children’s Hospital, University of Washington Hospital, and the Seattle Veterans Administration Hospital.
After my general orthopedics training, I was accepted at Harvard Medical School’s Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship where I served on the staff of Boston’s Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Children’s Hospital Boston and the VA Boston Healthcare System.
During my tenure in Boston, I performed complex adult and pediatric hand and upper extremity surgery, working amongst and learning from world leaders in the subspecialty. While in Boston, I also qualified for and competed in the 114th running of the Boston Marathon.
I grew up in Shoreline, WA, and am quite happy to be back in the Pacific Northwest for good. Outside of medicine, I enjoys many sports including skiing, golf, running and tennis. My greatest pride is my wonderful wife and lifetime best friend, Mary, who brought into this world the two most wonderful children, Sam and Nola.
Philosophy of Care
Your health is not only my passion, but is very important to your quality of life. To that end, I trained as an Orthopedic Surgeon locally at the University of Washington and spent additional time at Harvard training in the complex disorders affecting the Hand, Shoulder and Elbow.I look forward to using what I have learned to give you the highest quality, best orthopedic care. I strive to give you the top orthopedic care by not only achieving superior technical results, but to spend the time necessary to help you understand your injury and so we can work towards your specific goals and needs.
I will always strive to be honest in my evaluation as we decide on the best treatments that make sense for your hand, shoulder, or knee condition.
-Scott Ruhlman MD
View treatment options for Dupuytren’s Contracture.
– Rotator Cuff Surgery
– Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
– Numbness, including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
– Trigger Fingers
– Minimally invasive Arthroscopic Shoulder, Knee and Wrist Surgery
– Traumatic Tendon, Nerve and Bone injuries
– Shoulder, Wrist and Hand Arthritis including innovative Joint Replacement
– Rotator Cuff Tears
– Shoulder Dislocation
– Rheumatoid Hand, Shoulder and Elbow reconstruction
– Pediatric Hand, Shoulder and Elbow Fractures, Sports injuries and Congenital deformities
– Fractures of all types, both Upper and Lower Extremity
– Sports Injuries
– Dupuytren’s Contracture, including open surgery, minimally invasive Needle Aponeurotomy, and Xiaflex injections
– Fracture Care for All Types of Injuries
– Fracture Care for Pediatrics, Adolescents & Adults
– Regular & Waterproof Casting Available
1. Complete the Patient Registration Forms packet and bring to visit. These are listed below.
2. Bring your current insurance registration card.
3. If your insurance requires, bring in primary care referral form.